Monday, February 25, 2013

Jenny and Garrett are Getting Married!

I'm so excited to share with you all that the DuPont family is going to be growing by one new member!  Last weekend on February 17th, my brother Garrett popped the question to his beautiful girlfriend Jenny, over a gorgeous picnic overlooking the Austin Hill Country and of course, she said yes!!!!

We met Jenny a little over 2 years ago when she captured my brother's heart right before he picked up to move halfway across the country to be in Dallas.  They dated long-distance for a little under a year before they decided that long-distance was for the birds and they packed up Jenny's Mini Cooper for another cross-country road trip...this time for Jenny!

As a sister, there is only one thing that you could hope for in a sister-in-law, and that is that she loves your brother unconditionally.  And if any of you have met our sweet Jenny Lynn, you would know that her and Garrett compliment each other completely. Neither of them take life too seriously, I've never seen them fight, and they both share a love for random reptiles and amphibians. Between the two of them, they've become parents to two tree frogs, two chameleons, a few beta fish and a failed adoption of a Sugar Glider (we don't like talking about Delilah, she was possessed).  The smaller and the more ugly the creature, the more they want it.

I knew God would reward me one day for all the patience I had with the stinky socks, the sweaty gym clothes, playing Ninja Turtles, and being a pawn for my brother's batting practice.  Almost two years ago, I married Mike and grew my family by one sister named Jenn, and now I get ANOTHER Jen as my sister!!  This is so exciting for the both of them and it is one of the most special times for a couple to experience in their entire lifetime.  Mike and I haven't seen the two lovebirds since they got engaged, but with a wedding comes more reasons to see each other.  Garrett and Jenny, we are so thrilled for the two of you and we look forward to growing our family a little bit more.  We love you both to pieces and can't wait to be a part of your big day!  Let the wedding planning begin!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment