Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Boost Frond's Wedding


High School graduation!
As you get older, you find it's harder and harder to maintain long-distance friendships.  As your life becomes busier and as you start to do more grown-up things, you notice that keeping old friends across the country is a very difficult task, and it's not the first item on your daily to-do list.  There are very few friendships that can withstand 10 years of long distance, time zone changes, different life stages, and changing careers.

Where our friendship all started
My gorgeous friend Ashley Chain (yes, this is her new name) is the exception.  She and I can go years (although we don't...that's just too long) without seeing each other and bounce right back to how we were as juniors in High School, 12 years ago.  Through the wonders of Skype, weekly gchats, and of course Facebook, she and I have managed to maintain our friendship across the country.  We have the same sense of humor, the same secret language, the same silly face(s), and the same mutual appreciation for all things Harry Potter.

So it was without question that her wedding was one of the most anticipated days of the year for me.  I've had so much fun over her engagement sending her little gifts and coordinating her bachelorette party, and I couldn't believe that her wedding weekend was actually here! Ashley & Sebastien's wedding was in Dallas, Texas and was hands down one of the most convenient & easiest weddings I've ever been to.  And it all started with our 3/4 full flight from LGA to DFW that arrived one hour early.  Since my parents live in Dallas, we came in on Thursday night to get in a little bit of family time and down time before the excitement of the weekend began.

Girls with their "Men of Honor"!
Friday kicked of the wedding festivities with the rehearsal & the beautiful Dallas Museum of Art.  As a downtown Dallas staple, the DMA is one of the most ideal places for a summer wedding.  More conveniently, it's 0.3 miles away from my brother's apartment!  But even better was the fact that they had their rehearsal dinner at a fabulous TexMex restaurant, Mattito's.  Since moving to NY, I crave GOOD Mexican food on a weekly basis, and some good ol' fashioned queso and fajitas is just what I needed from a little trip to Texas.  THANK GOD FOR TEX MEX!  You can't find a good queso in New York to save your life...I think I ate an entire bowl of it, which might have explained the tightness of my bridesmaid dress the next night...whoops.  TOTALLY WORTH IT. 


I've known Ashley for close to 1/2 my life, so I've grown up with most of her family members.  I also got to know her beautiful SILs in Vegas.  That being said, one of my favorite parts of the weekend was listening to the heart-felt speeches at the rehearsal dinner. It was so sweet watching her brothers tease her and seeing the love in her dad's eyes when he spoke to her.  Yes, some of the comments were more of a roast than a toast, but that's what you have to expect when you get a bunch of people together who know EVERYTHING about you.  It happened at our wedding too!  Sebastien, Ashley's groom, comes from a French family who was full of smiles and laughs the whole weekend.  It was a pleasure getting to know them and speaking to them as well.


Ashley was every bit the blushing bride....complete with little pink matching pajamas!  During the day leading up to the wedding, we listened to a carefully crafted wedding playlist, snacked on Chick-fil-A, sipped mimosas, told stories, and were made over by some of the best makeup/hair stylists in Dallas. Everyone looked to beautiful, especially my sweet Boost (in case you forgot...that's what I call her).



She surprised me that one.  After 12 years, she really surprised me.  2 hours before the wedding, the skies started to darken a bit, and it was threatening to rain during the exact time of the ceremony.  Did Ashley stress?  Did Ashley cry?  Did Ashley yell?  No!!!!  I would have been a wreck.  She just calmly advised the staff to move everything inside and be on their merry way.  There was no nervous breakdown over hair or makeup, and no bossy moments of correcting the stylists.  My Boostie was as calm as ever.  Nothing was going to ruin the best day of her life.  


2 Sets of Boost Parents
The ceremony was very very special.  With her brother as the officiant, it was a personal and emotional ceremony that caused a few tears in the room.  The vows between Ashley and Sebastien were so sweet and the elated expression on Ashley's face when they agreed to spend the rest of their lives together, was a moment I'll remember forever.  This is a couple with a massive amount of love between them, and it was absolutely in the air.  Finally, the reception was perfect and I LOVED the band, you can check out my sweet dance moves here if you want!  Ashley in her wedding dress was such a vision spinning around on the dance floor.  



I'm thrilled for my friend, and I feel so lucky to have been a part of their special day.  Since Ashley has been with Sebastian, she's been 100% sure of their future and their love for each other.  That's the best thing you could ever want for someone you love.  I'm so excited for the two of them and I can't wait to be a part of their future as we grow in our friendship, and now with our husbands (Boost, we both have HUSBANDS!).  Congratulations to the happy couple!

The Mobley's & The Chains!

No comments:

Post a Comment